Terrie,

What do his eyes tell you?  What does your heart tell you?
Will your husband be there with you and Dukee?
Do you have a vet that can take you in right away if he crashes?
Will you/your friend continue to give him the injections just in
case he makes a turn around? (Thinking of Michelle's experiences
with Simon here...)

There is no easy answer since every case is uniquely different.

When my own soul-kitty was 21 and finally quit eating, I made the decision
to help her cross.  I couldn't just allow her to starve herself to death,
so I made my vet come to the house instead of driving her to the vet's
office for that 1 last time.

What ever you decide will be the best and most loving course of action for
Dukee - and he knows that, and loves you for everything that you've done.
Gentle blessings for you to be guided by your love for Dukee...

Kat (Mew Jersey)