If Dukee isn't hungry he most likely won't be interested in anyone else's food, Buddie didn't really try to eat on her own too much once she figured out Mommy kept her tummy warm and full, I don't think a few bites of the other food would really hurt too much anyway. If he is on the special diet only because of the feeding tube, if your talking about the AD, it isn't even an issue, Buddie did occasionally nibble on the food bowls and there was nothing wrong with that. When we were weaning her off of the tube I had to give her less food so she would be a little hungry and eat on her own, she did but she wasn't happy about it. Once she was eating and maintaining her weight for 2 weeks we took the tube out, she was fine after that.

The SAMe is a problem, I couldn't really give it to Buddie because the pill was big and Buddie was having none of it, it is from what I understand suppose to be given whole. I did give her Milk Thistle though and she was OK with that. The main thing with "Fatty Liver" is enough food, that what causes it and that's what cures it.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com