that said, i know of a number of FIV+ cats who threw off the FeLV
virus as quickly and easily as "normal" cats do....FIV cats actually
tend to be very hardy, and other than higher incidences of herpes
complications and stomatitis, are often the healthiest cats in
sanctuary environments. the classic example i keep reminding folks of
is the experience here where a feral colony brought in distemper, and
tho all the cats had been vaccinated when they first came in, there
was no way of knowing if they'd ever had the full series as kittens.
two hundred cats were lost to distemper--strays, ferals, FeLVs--and
not one of the FIVs contracted it...