Hideyo, NO!
Doing dishes last night I sang to the tune of "Oh Susannah" - okay maybe not as classy as you would have hoped, but I'm no musical mastermind - to Bea and Satch about you and Dharma, and then biking to and from class, with each pedal I'd hum another word.  I felt so confident that she'd make it.

Help me understand what happened....was it her lungs that finally gave way?  She ate right before?!  Oh no, Hideyo, I am so sorry.  She was indeed a beautiful strong soul, that is just amazing.

I hope that Simba understands.  I hope that he doesn't get any ideas.

Reading Dharma's story really reinforces though that she was so lucky to have you.  Your love was obvious to her the whole way through.

Leslie

A story of a little miracle Dharma - Dharma has
       become  an angel tonight..

Hideyo,

what a lovely story...it truly touched my heart....Dharma was truly blessed with a wonderful mama...she knew how much you loved her and that you did everything in your power to make her better....I know too well the pain you are are experiencing...it is the worse kind of pain ever...these sweet little kitties come into our lives and truly wrap themselves around our hearts...you never get over losing them, but somehow you learn to live without them by your side...but one day, you will be together again...and this time it will be forever....please take care and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers...God bless you always.

Connie and my precious Angel Chewy

Hideyo Yamamoto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
         Hi, my name is Dharma - I am a little calico kitty with three paws and
here is my story ...

Once upon a time, there is a family - Naomi, Dharma (me), and Simba and
our mama - we were only about 6-7 weeks old then, our mama kept us safe
in a tiny hole under the crawl space of an abandoned house.. one day,
the human decided to close down the crawl space so that they can
renovate the house - our mama kitty and we did not know what was going
to happen to the hole--- so we hided and underneath of a tiny hole and
we did not make any noise so no one could find us.. while our mama was
out getting our food, a human friend, Hideyo came to catch us --- we
tried so hard not to be caught as we were so afraid of being away from
our mommy - it took a several hours, but at the end, each of us was
scooped by a little net to catch a little fish...our mama saw us being
taken away and she looked so worried.. and a friend Hideyo promised our
mama that she was gong to so good care of us.. mama looked so sad and
worried - and we were so sad to be away from our mama.. we cried and
cried..

We went to our friend Hideyo's house, and she told us that she was going
to take care of us like our mama to protect us --- it took for a while..
but we made some friends, and we played and ate and slept a lot.... and
then, my little sister Naomi started feeling not too good, I knew
something was wrong and I wanted to take care of her so I groomed her
all the time for her, our new mama, Hideyo was very worried and took her
to the doctor.. but Naomi did not get better, and she decided that she
wanted to leave the body as her body was not letting her to do things
that she wanted to do.. and she wanted to be free so that she can play
again..I was very mad at her leaving me.. but I knew that we would see
each other again... Our new mama was so sad to see Naomi go...she cried
and cried.. but I knew that naomi's sould was still with us at home..
but our mama Hideyo couldn't see... After my sister Naomi became an
angel, she got lonely...and she asked if I could come to where she was
at... and I said.. okay my little sister,,, I will come stay with you..
just give me three months as I wanted to have enough time to say good
bye to my brother simba and our new mama hideyo....

Today was exactly three months after Naomi became an angel.. I decided
to join my sister so that we can play together.. I told simba not to be
lonely..we are just one meow away from each other.. if he misses us,,,
all he has to do is to meow and we will come play with simba.. but simba
now has a lot of friends and I know that he won't be too lonely.... I
needed to be sick like Naomi was so that I could go to a kitty heaven
where my sister was.. that was hard for our mama,, she cried and cried..
and wanted to make me feel better and wanted me to stay. And she gave me
all sort of medicines,, but I hated them..but I tried to hold on as long
as I could.. but my body got very tired.. I couldn't breath well.. and
couldn't walk well and my mama finally old me it's okay if I wanted to
go.. because Naomi is lonely out there... so tonight.. I said good bye
to all my friends here at my house and joining my baby sister Naomi....

Everyone - thank your so much for all of your prayers and support.. I
and Dharma are so grateful.. Dharma was and is such a strong little
soul.. she ate the food on her own even an hour before she passed.. and
she probably did it for me.. to make me feel better.. I wish I could
stay with her longer.. I really did not expect her to go so soon.. today
is November 1st.. she crossed the bridge at 10:44 pm... exactly 3 months
ago on 8/1, and exactly around the same time, Naomi passed away in my
arm, too... and seven days later,,, my little peter was also such a
beautiful boy..

I cried so hard,, and I was so mad about what happened and did not know
what to do.. have a big hole in my heart...and it's going to be empty
for a long long time.. there are lots of things I wish.. but all I know
for sure is that my Dharma has become free just like my Tsubomi, Peter,
Naomi, Hannibal, Wami, Garfunkle, George, and Henry have ---I have to
tell you, Naomi and Dharma have a such a strong soul.. I never met a
kitty who was so determined and so strong.. it's been such a pleasure to
have met her and be able to take care of her..

Love to my dharma and all of my little angels, miss you so so
terribly..

Your mama, Hideyo