Many years ago I had a dobe that hid under the bed during storms and who let somebody break-in and rob our house.  The meter reader came once when I was out in the yard with her and asked me to please put her inside since his little computer tablet said "BAD DOG" for our address.  As he stared at her in wide-eyed fear, I hustled her into the house while trying  to explain that she was not the problem dog, it was our rotten little terrier mutt who was at that very moment latched onto his pant leg and trying to take him down.  He was so focused on the dobe he never even noticed that he was already under attack until I came back to grab her.  I've heard since that there is a personality difference between male and female dobes, I would love to have another female again.  But those cute little curly-haired terriers are just vicious... :o)

Beth