Hi, everyone, I wanted to ask you all if you have been or have used interferon on your felk kitties when asymptomatic –

I have lost my baby Tsubomi last month – she had been so healthy and so chubby ever since I had rescued her and I had no idea that she was that ill (became very anemic quickly and I lost her to anemia) until very last minute – I felt very responsible that I did not take care of her more proactively knowing felk kitties can crash that quickly – reading study about interferon treatment on Felk kitties and FIV kitties – I am considering starting low oral dosage (either FOI or alfaron) on my Ginger who is felk positive – she is asymptotic (knok on wood), but I feel that I should do something proactively as I feel that that was the lesson Tsubomi left for me for Ginger – from the study I read by Italian group for FIV kitties/interferon treatment – what interferon did dto them was fascinating – when given as SC treatment (which is the normal protocol for felk kitties), it acts as anti-viral agent, so it will start attacking virus in the body.. but when given low oral dosage treatment, it does not act as anti-viral, but instead it simulates their immune response to the virus – so what happen is that, later after the treatment is over, though they may still possess the virus activity in their body, and sometimes the virus activity/load is more than what they had earlier on before the treatment, now the body is better immune to the virus and deal with the virus much stronger and therefore they are more resistant to the impact of the virus – there was a significant difference in clinical  conditions and mortality between placebo and test groups. .. when given as SC (considered to be high dose), it loses the same effect somehow, and sometimes, instead, it enhances pro inflammatory response --- and I was considering giving my Ginger low oral dosage to see if the study and very encouraging result done for FIV kitties can be some how replicated on felk kitties this way.. and wanted to know anyone’s input or experience on using low oral dosage to asymptomatic felk kitties – any insight is appreciated – thank you.

Hideyo