Depends on the lab.... and you never know WHAT lab your vet is going to send
it to.

Let me put it this way, a very valid study was done on the PCR test for FIV
(which, granted is different from FELV), and they tested several cats, some
who were positive, some were negative, and they threw in some DOG BLOOD,
just as a control. The PCR found FELINE FIV in the DOG blood.

To me, that's pretty much the definition of unreliable.

http://www.vin.com/mainpub/feline/aafpfelvdx.htm  states:
16. Other confirmatory tests, such as methodologies utilizing polymerase
chain reaction (PCR), may be useful but are currently unvalidated. Although
PCR offers a promising approach to FeLV testing, currently neither
production of PCR reagents (primers) nor testing protocols is standardized
or consistent.

Phaewryn

Please adopt a cat from Little Cheetah Cat Rescue!!!
http://ucat.us/adopt.html
Low cost Spay&Neuter services in VT, and Emergency Financial Assistance for
cat owners:
http://ucat.us/VermontLowCost.html
Special Needs Cat Resources: http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
The Sofa Poem: http://ucat.us/sofapoem.html