I saw the question the first time, but I don't know the answer, thus my lack
of a response. I thought Baytril was a pill, not an injection. Are you sure
he went downhill BECAUSE of the steroid injection, or maybe it was just an
odd coincidence? Someone here should be able to tell you more about why he
went downhill after the steroid injection IF you tell us WHAT the steroid
injection was, like the brand name.

Is Alferon another brand name for Interferon-A, the human type that is
diluted with saline for cats and then given orally?

Phaewryn

VT low cost Spay&Neuter, and Emergency Financial Assistance for cat owners:
http://ucat.us/VermontLowCost.html
Special Needs Cat Resources: http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html