I call you that "sight unseen" because how could you be anything but friends
since you love cats...

I am "mama" to 12 cats. Hubby, Chubby, Fuzzy, Milo, Mickey, Jerry, Eve, Muffin,
Gabby, Austin, Nosey and Nappy. Upon count I see that 6 are toms, so 6 must be
gals. It might take a while to tell my story so I'll try to break it down. (I
talk about cats as if they were people or my children. I hope you'll overlook
it.)

We started out with 5 cats when we moved to this house. We have 4 of those
left. I'm pretty sure Patch went to Rainbow Bridge. My teenage daughter
"rescued" two abandoned females that we thought were males to start with. Thus,
the girls are Mickey and Milo. I don't understand how after all these years as
a cat person, I could mistake gender but I did, so...

On July 6, 2005, I had a tumor removed from my spinal cord at C1/C2. I was in
the hospital for a week. Mickey and Milo waited until I got home to have their
litters. The surgery had a year's recovery period (during which I didn't worry
so much about cat health but my own). Otherwise, I think I would have realized
that some of the cats had FeLv. Actually, it was confirmed when two kittens I
had placed in other homes tested positive and the new owners decided to put
them down.

I have been concentrating on getting rabies shots and spaying/neutering. Since
I also have MS, but am not on disability, we only have one income and it is a
challenge to do what is needed for my furbabies. I am here to learn how to keep
my furbabies healthier and I need to see if I can find a way to find good homes
for some of them.

I have much to learn and I hope I will have something to contribute as well.

Have a blessed day all,
Nita in NC