For bone marrow biopsy they knock them out for a few minutes and aspirate
the bone with a needle.  Then wake them up. Simon had it and had no pain  from
it, and the only mark was a very tiny scab like a bug bite.
Michelle

In a message dated 12/6/2006 12:04:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

____________________________________

From: Hideyo  Yamamoto
Sent: Wednesday,  December 06, 2006 8:29 AM
To:  '[EMAIL PROTECTED]';  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: unknown cause of Anemia -  help!
Hi, my ayumi’s PCV started going  down again and don’t know why ---it’s been
mid 20’s for the past several weeks  and now right below 20 – we (the vet
and I ) don’t have any ideas why – she is  negative for felk or fiv – and she
is negative for hemebartnella (sp) – she is  scheduled for dental this week and
am very nervous – could stomatitis cause  anemia??(I I don’t think so) – how
invasive is bone marrow biopsy and what doe  they do exactly?  Any insight is
appreciate – her kidney function and al others are normal  but high end
normal