Thanks to everyone who wrote to me. It has made me calmer. Lucy is eating
better and better, and gaining weight, and not feverish or acting sick in any
way other than seeming to feel some abdominal discomfort in the evenings. Her
belly is getting bigger, but she is also gaining weight back quickly, and her
spine is not knobby, so I am hoping that she is just gaining the weight back
unevenly.  She is quite active in the daytime. I did up her flagyl and her
pred (pred to 2.5 mg/day) and her appetite immediately doubled. She is eating
at  least a normal amount at this point.

Thanks again, everyone,
Michelle