*I think using enough... or more than enough in the plug-ins is the answer.
We had 10 -12 running at any one time in our 3,000 square foot house.  So I
would say 4 is good for your space... but certainly too little defeats the
purpose (so I'd run heavy rather than light).  We noticed a HUGE difference
in aggression with Feli-way... but had never used it to stop or curb
improper elimination problems...  I'd be interested to hear if it helps you
eventually.  We've got a new kitty that has "issues" too...   Once Rudy
stopped being a pest, we stopped using the Feliway plug ins... but still
have them if they work for couch peeing episodes!!  Keep us posted!!*
*BTW - We started using it because there was someone on the FIP list a while
back who used it in her clinic and noticed an amazing difference.  She swore
by the stuff... which is why we tried it.*
*Leslie =^..^=*