From: elizabeth trent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Monday, January 8, 2007 5:19:14 PM
Subject: Re: Antonio

Thank you, Kerry.

***RANT ALERT (from a crazy nicotine addict in withdrawel)***
I've always been very happy with my vet's office....but I came very close to
opening up a can of [EMAIL PROTECTED] a bit ago.  Those slap-happy receptionist
people are USELESS.  If I had not asked a stream of questions I would have left
there not knowing a d*mn thing about his condition or how serious it is.  The
[EMAIL PROTECTED] technician brought poor 22lb Antonio out ON HIS BACK (he
NEVER likes to be carried that way)...and he was in SO much pain.  He just peed
everywhere, bless his little heart.  He was screaming.  This they did before I
even had time to check out or talk to the vet or do anything.  Once they
finally put him down and let me hold him - he was a perfect angel and didn't
even pee on my silk shirt.  He loves his mommy.

Then they forgot to give me the medicine he needs so I had to go back and get
it.  They wouldn't have given me the special food if I had not said -- doesn't
he need some special prescription food too?????

The whole time they are just as slaphappy as they can be yapping up a storm
about how somebody did their hair or how cute some guy is or who did their
nails.  Little do they know just how close they were to a big can opening.  I
did my best to be gracious - but I am telling you - I STILL feel like going
back down there!  That's my BABY!

It's serious because there are so many crystals in his urine that he could have
a complete blockage at any time....so I have to watch him carefully and make
sure he only eats HIS food and nobody else eats his food.  Maybe it's just the
8 days without nicotine but I honestly wanted to shake all of them and just pop
their heads together.  Plus, it didn't help that my regular vet wasn't there.
The one who was there is very competent...but refused to give Antonio anything
for pain saying that the "anti-inflammatory was enough for his pain".  I hope
he gets this same condition and only gets a steriod shot.

*** END RANT ALERT ***
Sorry -- it's going to take a few minutes before I can be nice again.  I
promise, I'll try very hard.

elizabeth