Try apple pectin and/or Metamucil (unflavored and a very small amount). The objective is to add fiber to the diet. Also watch for dehydration.

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. St. Francis ----- Original Message ----- From: "Lance" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 5:04 PM
Subject: Ember's troubles - your thoughts?

For the last two and a half weeks, I've been fighting intermittent diarrhea (and possibly constipation) with Ember. I haven't resorted to any medicines like Flagyl or Centrine. I'm trying to treat as lightly as possible. I introduced pumpkin into her diet a few days ago, and it really seemed to help, but today, I found a malformed poop in the box, alongside seemingly normal stuff. I've been making daily notes on this problem, since I realized it would be a good idea about a week into it. Apologies in advance for giving such a blow by blow account, but this seems like the best way. Please have a look and tell me what you think. Aside from opinions, I ask your prayers for Ember.

Thank you,

Lance

--------------------------------------------->
December 21, 2006 - Two days after vet appt. with good cbc, weight, coat, etc., hairball thrown up, then diarrhea.

December 22-29 - Held food back, discontinued dry food, no treatment other than normal FeLV supplements. Long time between stools because of less food (?). Still some diarrhea.

December 30 - Solid, normal bowel movement. Ember is getting most of one can/day of EVO.

January 2 - Large stool (or two?). Some runny and a little malformed. Small vomit on bathroom tile with small bits of fur in it. Smaller vomit in sink with very small bit of fur.

January 4 - No bm since 2nd. 3/4 tablespoon of pumpkin in nearly one can of food. She's eating it.

January 4 - 9PM - small to medium size stool - normal. Some hair sticking out of one piece. Had more food afterwards.

January 5 - PM - Found small to medium size stool - normal consistancy. Ember's ears and paw pads feel warm. [30 minutes later] Ember's ears and paw pads don't feel as warm as they seemed to earlier. 1 tablespoon of pumpkin again tonight.

January 6 - PM - Small, normal stool. Had pumpkin in food again,  tonight.

January 7 - PM - Small, normal stool. Had pumpkin in food again,  tonight.

January 8 - PM  - Medium, normal stool. Less pumpkin tonight.

January 9 - Just home from work. Found large bowel movement (or two smaller bowel movements?) in the box. Some of it was firm and dry like normal, but there was a substantial portion that was runny and only somewhat formed.