Hi Anna,

I'm sorry to hear that Toby isn't feeling well. It sounds like you're giving him good care. The main things that seem to be recommended for FeLV cats in general are good diet, low-stress indoor-only living, supplements (interferon alpha seems popular) and lots of love. As for the possibility of lymphatic cells in the intestines and what that might mean, I don't know. Someone else might have an idea. This is a good group of people who will be there for you when you need them.

I'm not a vet or FeLV expert, but I have had good results treating my FeLV kitty with Liquid-DMG, Transfer Factor and low-dose human interferon. Once you get the intestinal issue under control, you might look into these and other treatment options recommended on the list. The oncologist and/or board-certified internist is a good idea for Toby's particular case. Down the road, you may also wish to look into holistic vets in your area, but again, for the immediate situation, allopathic treatment seems to be best. Toby will be in my prayers.

Lance