Ha! You left out the ever popular, "We're going to be staying with my mil while our house is being renovated and she hates cats so we need to get rid of him asap! Did I mention that he fights with other cats and hides under the bed whenever we have guests in the house?"
Nina

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Haha! I'll email them, if no one else wants to... and pretend to be giving up my cat. LOL! That sounds immensely fun! (how many of us rescuers ever get the chance to be on the other end, LOL) "Hi, my name is Julia, and I have to get rid of my cat because my new husband is allergic to him, plus I'm pregnant and don't want to catch toxoplasmosis from him or have him lay on my baby and suffocate it. He doesn't use his litterbox all the time, and my husband says it's him or the cat. He is a good kitty, but he has cat AIDS. He's never been sick so far though. He's never been around kids and is scared of dogs. He's neutered and four paw declawed. Can you take him? I have to get rid of him ASAP! His name is Shadow and he's a solid black shorthaired cat." How's that? ...LOL, did I forget anything?

Phaewryn
http://ucat.us
Adopt a New England FIV+ cat:
http://ucat.us/FIVadopt.html
Special Needs Cat Links (and feline info library):
http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html