Michelle - I have to disagree with you internist - I know that she is
trying to figure out what's possible - my gut feeling is that it's not
FIP - you could send out Lucy's blood work to University of Glasgow for
profile of FIP if you want to be more certain - dr. Addie says, about 75
to 85% of the samples comes to the lab turns out to be not FIP - and
they are usually all form the cats who have been diagnosed as possibly
FIP by either their regular vet or internist -

As for my cats, I really do know when my cats have FIP or are going to
have FIP if I don't do anything about it - or don't have FIP when my vet
may suggest that they may have FIP - I have been 100% right about it - I
just think, whatever causing Lucy is related to felk virus and not
corona virus - as I know from the fact that felk virus does somehow
cause anemia and high temperature and fluid as well.  I am not a medical
doctor, obviously - so I may not be credible -but I have surprised my
vet how always right I have been about this -

Michelle,, 100% of the time, when my cats had FIP (6 of them) - in
addition to hypergloubumia and  hypoalbumia (sp) - their total and
direct and indirect bilirubin are higher than normal range - and 65% of
the cases, they were mild anemia (and become severe anemia in time)
corona  titer are not necessarily high - and 100% of the times, their
amylase are higher (but don't worry about it if all other categories are
not higher along with it - as often by itself, it does not mean anything
by itself -I really really don't think what Lucy has is FIP - I can't
stress it enough -

Michelle - you don't want to wait too low to start on epogen as it takes
for a while to work,, when HCT/PCV goes down to 18 - that's the time to
start - my Ayumi as you may or may not know who has unknown cause of
nonregenerative anemia (she is not FIP or CRF kitties) - she has been on
epogen since her PCV went to 18 - in three weeks, finally she started to
respond and PCV is going up slowly - you need to start epogen right away
if it is non regenerative anemia as it may help Lucy as well, but you
don't want to run out of time,,, which happened to my felk kitty,
tsubomi.

  _____