  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 8:37 PM
  Subject: OT: Please repost the safest anesthesia methods

  Hi everyone, I know it's been posted in the past, but my cat needs dental
work (too extensive to do while he's awake), and he's known to have bad
reactions to anesthesia and vaccines, and so I need to know the safest way to
anesthetize him for his dental work. It's ISO gas, right? What's that short
for? And is that an induction agent, or will he need something else to go
under? What do you absolutely NOT recommend, so I can tell them "DO NOT GIVE
____"? I'm sure you guys all understand I'm worried to the point of
neurotic.... this is Moogie's daddy that needs this work done. Can someone
outline the entire anesthesia process for me, from intake to recovery, drug and
methodology wise?

  Phaewryn

  http://ucat.us
  Adopt a New England FIV+ cat:
  http://ucat.us/FIVadopt.html
  Special Needs Cat Links (and feline info library):
  http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
  Declawing Creates SUFFERING, Please don't declaw!
  http://www.pawproject.com/kona.html