OK, I stopped by and got them to tell me their anesthesia procedure for
dentals, and
this is it, tell me if this sounds good:

First they sedate by injection using Glycopyrrolate and Morphine, then they
intubate
the cat, and hook them up to a ventilator and give Propofol (I assume this is
the
agent that makes them unconscious?) and they maintain using Sevoflurane and
Oxygen.
Yes, they do pre-dental bloodwork and keep the cat on an IV, they keep the cat
the
day before, the day of, and one day after any procedure they have to
anethesitize
for, to do thorough pre-procedure bloodwork/exam and to fast the cat, and then
watch the cat during recovery. It's a 3 day hosiptalization, and they come home
with
a Fentanyl pain patch if they had to have any teeth pulled.

Sound good? Safe? Ideal? I know lots of you are against long hospital stays, but
Doobie does not stress out while in there, so that shouldn't be a factor for
him.

Here is their online tour:
http://www.lvvsonline.com/showpracfaq.cfm?FAQID=970&Private=1

Phaewryn

http://ucat.us
Adopt a New England FIV+ cat:
http://ucat.us/FIVadopt.html
Special Needs Cat Links (and feline info library):
http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Declawing Creates SUFFERING, Please don't declaw!
http://www.pawproject.com/kona.html