Thanks for your email. My vet did 3 sets of blood work in the last two weeks. Mylo has a high white blood cell count (38) a low red blood cell count (4); he has FeLV and anemia. The vet didn't say what the underlying sickness could be. He just said that Mylo tested positive for FeLV and there is nothing we can do. I am currently trying to see another vet on Mylo's condition. I don't know what's causing Mylo's diarrhea but he has had it for weeks now. He is taking flagyl but it isn't helping. I left a message for my new vet to call me tomorrow so I hope to get some more info.

From: Belinda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: FeLV
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 13:14:21 -0800

   Chris,
Sorry you are having these problems, my first concerns are your vet, what did he do to find out what is wrong with your Mylo?? If nothing then if I were you I'd run, not walk to a different vet!!! What did your vet say is wrong with Mylo other than being positive?? FeLV is a virus that compromises the immune system which in turn allows other illnesses to take hold and flourish, it in itself is not what makes cats sick, the other illnesses that can take hold are. Did your vet even test for anything, do any blood work, give you anything for the diarrhea, find out whats causing the diarrhea??

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties
http://bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candlelight Service
http://bemikitties.com/cls

http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs [non-profit animals websites]
http://bmk.bemikitties.com

Buy, Load, Play. The new Sympatico / MSN Music Store works seamlessly with Windows Media Player. Just Click PLAY. http://musicstore.sympatico.msn.ca/content/viewer.aspx?cid=SMS_Sept192006