One more thing to consider when you are possibly looking at a transfusion.
Depending on where you live and where you go, the cross-matching process might
be a lengthy one. I don't have problems with that, because the employees at
my  vet's are glad to have their own animals donate God thanks. But if there is
a  delay in finding a proper donor, it lengthens the process, which is bad
for the  animal in more than one way. So again, to be on the safe side, I would
suggest  from my limited experience that anyone who thinks they're seeing very
low PCVs  from their animal's activity level etc. gets their cat's PCV
checked  ASAP.