From: Marylyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 10:22:46 PM
Subject: Re: cat BM in inappropriate locations

Try placing a new litter box near the old one (leave it).  I like the
Rubbermaid 18 gallon boxes instead of the regular litter boxes--they give
the cat more room to scratch and are high enough backed that, if the cat
can't get down, urine isn't sprayed out.  You can cut a "door" out on the
short side if you think the box is too high for the cat to jump in and out
of.  Fill it with the litter he likes.  Now is no time to change litter or
put a fragranced one in.  If he is associating the litter box with pain, and
I have had that happen a number of times, a new one should help.

Also spray Feliway everyplace he has gone inappropriately.

                                                 If you have men who will
exclude any of God's creatures
                                                 from the shelter of
compassion and pity, you will have men who
                                                 will deal likewise with
their fellow man.
                                                                  St.
Francis