Hello,

I'm with a rescue group and have questions about 2
different cats who have tsted positive.  Ross -   A
family we connected with rescued a front declawed,
orange 2 yr old male from an abandoned building 2 yrs
ago.  He test leukemia positive.  Family did not give
up on him and he has lived in child's bedroom since.
He's 4 now, they recently retested him and he is still
positive.  The family would keep him but would rather
he have a more normal life because he's a really nice
cat and maybe a little lonely.

Someone is interested in adopting the cat and we know
her - she's a good mom and recently lost her orange
female to cancer.  Here's my first question -

4 yr old very healthy and happy male - am I correct in
thinking he has a good shot at a long life since he's
past that 2 yr mark and has never been sick?

2nd cat Prince - trapped him a few weeks ago.  Looks
like a 3 month old kitten but is getting his adult
teeth so in reality closer to 5 months.    Was
extremely dehydrated and constipated, and very skinny
under his very matted fur.  Absolutely beautiful
kitten, but something is "off" about him.  Should I
get my hopes up about Prince retesting negative in a
month?

Opinions/best guesses please?

Janine