I care about you, and really want you to know I say this with every bit of
compassion and care I can. I know you are suffering and confused, and
desperate. Please know I have Lucy's well-being at heart when I say this to
you...

No, you are absolutely WRONG! Oh please do NOT attempt home
euthanasia/sedation! Especially with expired drugs and old dull dirty
needles?! My god, are you listening to yourself Michelle? Please THINK, ok?
My step-dad did that with one of my mom's dogs, and it was HORRIBLE, my mom
is still permanently traumatized, she had to hold the squealing, writhing,
and miserable suffering dog all the way to the vet 30 miles away after my
step dad tried to do it at home. PLEASE leave the euthanasia to the
professionals!!!!

I think you are really at the end of your rope, and not being rational
anymore. Please believe me when I say it is MUCH better to euthanise a
little too soon than even a little too late! But, for god's sake, don't try
to do it yourself! You, yourself, in one of your last emails said it's
obvious she is suffering at times. Do you really need any more of a sign
than that? Lucy has lived a wonderful long life, full of love and good
times, it is her time to leave. You can't fight it, you can't beat it, you
can only prolong the end. The question is, is it something you SHOULD be
prolonging? Is she HAPPY right now? Can you truly say she is HAPPY, and
COMFORTABLE? Or are you just trying to convince yourself that she's "Not
suffering too bad"? Then you must ask, is ANY suffering good? That will be
your answer.

Bless you Michelle, I know you are in such pain, and don't want to let go or
give up on her, but you're so close to the subject that you can't get any
perspective. Please take a step back and really CONSIDER the situation.

Please take this as it's intended... I mean you no insult, but you are not
being rational anymore.

Phaewryn