the small humane traps are a good idea; i've even used the larger
hav-a-heart ones.... when the glue-traps first came out, i'd read all
sorts of horror stories about how strong the glue was and how tortuous
it was....

has anyone ever heard of a cat actually springing a normal mouse trap?
this thread made me think about it--i don't think i ever have! (but
then, traps are often set in places where cats can't easily get to
them.... after all, one has to question the mental health of a mouse
that willingly ventures close to where a cat could reach it.