i'd like to add bob-the-persian to the list.

bob was a five-year-old cream persian who came into rescue about two
weeks ago from a bad divorce situation, along with five others. other
than being terribly matted, nothing more was thought to be wrong with
him.

while getting them vetted to go from MI to GA, however, it was
discovered that bob had an inoperable congenital
peritoneal-pericardial hernia. i was asked to do hospice care for the
little darling. another list member, beth, lives very near the vet
hospital that was caring for him, and she and her husband gary kindly
brought him to me a week ago yesterday.

poor dear was shaven down, and those who've seen nekkid persians know
just how pathetic they can look. he had minor intermittent breathing
difficulties, but nothing seemingly too severe. he wouldn't eat at
first, and i was panicking--then i found out he would only eat dad's
cat food and the vet had neglected to put that on his records! (his
sibkits in GA hadn't been eating, either....) he was wandering all
over the house, getting up onto the furniture, seeming to start to
settle in after what had to have been a very confusing couple of
weeks. on friday, he finally let me take pictures of him, and he spent
about three hours up on the bed with me, snuggling and cuddling and
purring.

last evening i found him, curled up peacefully under my bed, having
journeyed on to the bridge. didn't look as if he'd suffered, just
maybe that his little body had given out.

only a week--i'd so hoped to have more time with him; i'd wanted him
to have to chance to grow his beautiful coat out once more so he
didn't have to be afraid to look in a mirror; i'd wanted him to tell
me some of his secrets and his dreams. i just hope he knew that he was
safe and welcome and loved here--i think that he did.

fare thee well, sweet bob. join the rest of the tenhousecats bridge
clowder, and fly free.

MC

--
Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!