I'm so sorry you lost Luvy.  Thank you both for the love and care you gave
her in her short life.

Diane R.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Tad Burnett
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2007 8:49 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Please add Luvy to CLS

 On Feb. 8, 2007 Luvy lost her short life to FeLV...
She was just 7 months old.. When she was about one week old
she and her brother were brought into the shelter with no mother..
I suppose she may have died from FeLV soon after giving new life...
A king rescue person bottle fed them and they were healthy playful
8 week old kittens ready for adoption and then they tested pos...
At 12 weeks old they came to live with me... I don't know if they had
been free to run around the house all the time before but they seemed
to enjoy it as much or more than any kittens I have known before...

 The boy was neutered before leaving the shelter but I talked them into
waiting and let me do it here later after the stress of moving was over...
I took her in at 6 months and she seemed a little slow in getting back
to normal but 2 weeks later when we went in to have stitches out she seemed
fully recovered... I let the vet give both of them rabies shots at that
time...
The boy was fine but she stopped eating on her own but took assist
feeding OK.. A couple days later she was having labored breathing
and we took her back to the vet... X-ray showed fluid in the lung
cavity and the vet could see cancer cells in the fluid,,, We agreed
she wasn't suffering but just fading and we brought her home to
finish her life... With a little assistance she went to her same favorite
places and purred when on my chest with her nose touching mine..
On Wed. night she refused to take any food and we knew the end was
near.. Early thur. morning she was still alive and snuggled at my feet
with 3 other big cats but a couple hours later she had passed on...

Her time with us seemed so very short but she was such a little luv bug
that she will remain in our memories for ever... We will miss you little
Luvy...

Tad and Marie