  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Susan Loesch
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 8:42 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Please add to CLS and Special Needs List

  This has not been a good weekend at my house.  I have a little 4-cat feral
colony I have fed daily for a year -- we've had pretty bad weather lately and
I've put mounds of food out -- and haven't seen Buddy and Sissy, two little
longhaired tabby littermates in over a week.  Hoped that they were just coming
and eating when they were hungry since there was so much food - and not coming
around waiting for me to get there at my usual time.  Sat. I called and called
- it was a nice day, warmer and sunny, and I'd left only a small amt. of food
Friday hoping they'd show up Sat.   A man who lives next to where I feed them
came out and told me that one of the tabbies had been hit by a car and died in
his yard.  From his description I think it was Buddy.  I am devastated.  Buddy
had evolved from a totally feral little boy to a friendly fella who met me in
the Backyard Burger (where the feeding station is) parking lot when he heard my
car.   I could pet him, even rub his tummy.  If
 I sat still I could ease him into my lap.  His sister still wouldn't let me
touch her but has been getting better.  I planned to relocate both Buddy and
Sis to my back yard as soon as I could touch Sissy.    Separating them wasn't
an option.  Sissy was Buddy's little shadow - she depended on him so.    I
didn't try to trap her since she was coming around and I figured in a month or
two more I would be able to pet her.   Now I am kicking myself for not
relocating them sooner.      I have a friend who feeds for me on Sunday and she
saw Sissy -- or at least she thinks it was Sissy and not Buddy.   I almost
think it would be better if it were Sissy to have died because Buddy is so much
more independent and open to human touch.   Please add my little Buddy Bear to
the CLS.  He was neutered, vaccinated and negative for felv/FIV.   And about 2
years old.

  This morning I left my little miracle man, Leader, all wrapped up in my
sweatshirt on the bed - and, I think, dying.  He was born with feleuk - his
whole litter tested and retested positive.  All his littermates died at or
before about age two -- including Gloria's Mittens -- but Leader has lived to
be just 2 months short of SIX years.   He has been doing fine -- skinny,
looking like death warmed over -- but fine until he recently got an awful URI.
  I've treated him with immunoregulin, Baytril, Tylosin, Naxcel, fluids.   Up
until last night he was eating well altho weak.  This morning he wouldn't eat.
 Please put him on the Special Needs List and please, all, pray that he beat
this URI.    Thanks.

be privileged.    They should be read or retained only by the intended
recipient.  If you have received this   transmission in error, please notify
the sender immediately and delete the transmission from   your system.  In
addition, in order to comply with Treasury Circular 230, we are required to
any advice we   provide in this email or any attachment concerning federal tax
issues or submissions is not   intended or written to be used, and cannot be
used, to avoid federal tax penalties.