It depends on their ages.  Kittens have a much harder
time throwing off the virus if exposed-about a 40%
chance they will test positive for it after 6 months.
Within that time frame, they can be in the process of
throwing it off, but after that, if they are still
testing positive, it's more likely they won't throw it
off, but not impossible.  We've had cats here prove
that.  Kittens born with their mother's positive
antibodies have the same chance of fighting it off.
Older cats are much less likely to catch it.  From
what I have seen here, only less than about 3%, if
that, of adult cats actually contract FeLV from
another cat they live with, and since there wasn't
much contact between yours, it's highly unlikely any
of them contracted it.  Fighting (blood/saliva
transfer) is a big cause of adult transmission, from
what I've seen.  I have three cats that never caught
FeLV from the 4th after living with him for 4 years
and using the same food and litter boxes.  We didn't
know he was FeLV+ for a long time.  They are all
negative.  Hope this helps.

:)
Wendy

--- Debbie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What are the odds of having 15 cats and one tests
> postive - will the others all be postive? These are
> cats that are strictly indoors now in a 1200 square
> foot house. The infected cat was not outwardly sick
> and di not socialize with the other cats, however
> they used same litter boxes and ate from same
> dishes.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. All cats are
> close to same age, different litters, aquired at the
> same time.

Get your own web address.