Yup, I don't vaccinate for Rabies either. Just adopted out a nice Persian to an older lady, we talked about it and then agreed not to vaccinate for Rabies. She took kitty to the vet, who promptly recommended (and did) rabies vacination. Ain't that life.

I have always been of the mind NOT to vaccinate pos. for FELV - but like I say, these are the ONLY FELV cats that I've seen live past 3 yrs of age. Something to ponder.

Gloria

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nina" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:34 AM
Subject: Re: Vacinating postivies (was Re: Help needed)

Gloria,
Once upon a time there was a thread on the list talking about the possible benefits of vaccinating a pos cat. Maybe it was something that you posted about these particular kitties from OK? Some healthy animals have adverse reactions to vaccines of any sort, it may have more to do with the stress of dealing with the vaccine then the fact that it is the felv vac in particular. After all, it is never recommended to vaccinate an animal that is showing symptoms of any kind. Perhaps the theory of not vaccinating a felv pos asymptomatic cat comes from the fear that the stress will activate the virus, and not necessarily anything in particular about the felv vac in and of itself. I wouldn't vac a felv pos cat for felv on purpose, not unless I could be convinced about the possible benefits. I also wouldn't vac a pos cat for rabies because there is little chance of my house cat coming in contact with disease.
Nina

Gloria Lane wrote:
BUT, MC, Have you ever heard that it was beneficial? That's what this lady's vet was saying.

Gloria