AMEN!!   I have probably 6-8 feleuk+ cats and kittens at any given time.  Mix
'em freely with my vaccinated cats - who are negative.  Everyone I have
retested who was neg to begin with has been still neg!   Even my vet is aware
of what I am doing and is fine with it -- but he is pretty exceptional anyhow.

TenHouseCats <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  about all that i can add is, read the
most recent research--it is NOT easy to transmit, and that has actually been
known for quite awhile now. i don't think we're just asking you to take our
word as folks who haven't asked the same questions you have, but as folks who
wouldn't take the automatic, "oh, no, kill them all!" knee-jerk reaction that
too many vets and shelters still have. we've done the reading and the
searching, and have accessed the same information that IS available to the
professionals--they've just made the decision not to seek it out.

the courage of the first owners of FeLVs is akin to that of the original
sailors who said, "wait, maybe the world ISN'T flat, and maybe there AREN'T
dragons beyond this point....." all the rest of us owe the love and light and
lives of our beloved furry ones to their being able to stand up and say, "no,"
to the professionals....

MC

  On 3/1/07, Debbie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:      I suppose the main reason
we would like to know is so we can try to help keep them healthier longer.
Also, my aunt has alot of cats and so does my sister, neighbors,  - I would
hate to somehow transmit this disease. I feel a bit confused because we have
had some people say "it is hard to catch", but others say it is easily
transmitted. With where we live I am sure we will eventually accumulate more
cats. We just aren't the type to turn a blind eye if we see them suffering. I
think we should know if we would be exposing them. It was the vets idea to test
them all. Seems to me they could be a bit cheaper but the ones in our area
aren't.
  We definitely enjoy the ones we have. They are our babies: Their names are as
follows:
  Frodo, Arwen, Daffodil, Tigger, Algernon, Koko, Lady, Sneezy, Petey, Patches,
Cassie, Fuzzy, Solomon, and Sheba. Seven were found in Dayton Ohio in a trash
bin. The first 3 were long hair, the next 4 still had the unbilical cords
attached. Solomon and Sheba we brought back to Ohio from Missouri. They were
kittens living in a field with horses. They were eating horse feed and insects
(starving). Sneezy was a neighbors cat we think. They went away for the winter
and left her outside. She came to our house and was pregnant. She gave birth on
our new loveseat!
We also have a black lab called Charlie and at Christmas my husband found a
chocolate lab puppy (around 4 weeks old) in a box alongside the road. He called
her Tegan. She is now up to 26 lbs!
  There are days when we feel like we live in a zoo, but we would not trade
them for anything. Funny thing is my husband came to the U.S. from England. He
never really liked cats (much more of a dog person). Now wherever he goes they
all follow him. He can not even use the restroom without Daffodil going with
him! She paws at the door until he leaves her in. I call him the Pied Piper of
Yorkshire.

  Debbie