From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2007 3:27:10 AM
Subject: Re: ovaban and other stuff....Nina

Dear Nina,

I've been thinking much about you also..... (And now w/ my vision going so
bad, unless I put you on speed-dial...well.  And, my
"mobility" is also going to he!!, so it's almost impossible for me to answer
phone..... And, that portable phone my room mate got me, well, it has TOO many
"things" and I have a great record of disconnecting incoming calls......  I
give up! Think positive - great idea, but hard to do when
you're steadily going [further] down- hill.....

After reading your post, I remembered how the vet visit went w/ Bart.......
(I also have a great vet, compassionate but MILES away....He does give me
Rescue Rates - thank heaven)..  When I sadly had Bart PTS he asked me "what
did I want to do w/ his remains.....I jokingly said I'd put him
in freezer w/ Fred, my [very LARGE] goldfish....We have
been in such a deep-freeze, snow, sleet...I don't think ground will thaw
'til June!!!!  So, I did have him cremated,,,,  That fee was larger
than I expected......But, as always, the critters come first.

I didn't now how Bart would react - strange place, strange
people......  And he was in so much pain..  But I did explain to him
"why" I was doing this, promised him he would be taken care of [NOT what I
wanted, but I've promised all my critters I'd never let them suffer]. He was so
amazing though.  He did growl, hiss - but only once. I just stroked him,
"explained" to him what was going on, and he even let me kiss him!!!!  I
really believe he knew I was doing the best [only] option.  When the vet
gave him the sedative prior to the euthanol, well, he looked at me w/ those
big,
beautiful eyes - I think "telling" me, "It's ok Mom & thank you".

And, for Charity's appt., I do have a carrier that has the metal thing
on top that you can just open, and that will probably be much less "stressful"
-
for both her & me.

I'm just concerned about "how" we can draw blood...... She was negative
when I had her spayed, but she's been out the last 2 years,  And, Bart,
[NEVER tested], was old, "intact" & had all the textbook symptoms of
wet FIP........(He was so full of fluids...)  Poor 'ole boy. A lousy
life.  Is it any wonder I prefer critters over people?  And believe
me, doing Rescue for so long, the things I saw, the
idiots I encountered........Grrrr......  I could
go on & on.  Especially since I just watched Animal Cops
(Heroes).  Ughh......

I'll let you all know how it goes w/ Charity.  I do talk to her every
day, try to "explain" what we're [trying] to accomplish..... And, yes, she does
trust me so hopefully it will be smooth sailing w/ excellent results....

And, I do use Feliway & RR.  And w/ the Feliway, it's so wonderful
- stroking this former feral girl.  I actually thinks she actually enjoys
the touching.......I still can't believe the turn-a-round......Makes me cry,
tears of joy. SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!  This girl had me in ER so many
times!

Oh, I am rambling again, sorry, but I have gotten so much love &
support from this group, And, it really helps me, emotionally.  I really
need that, especially now.

So, thank you Nina and everyone for all your support.  You'll never
know how much it means to me,,,,,

Oh, look at the time.... (Takes me forever to write).

The insomniac is going to attempt to get some rest.  Hopefully
anyway.

Much love, hugs & thanks,

Patti & her gang

AOL at AOL.com.