Hi Cassandra,
Yes, I buy my salmon oil at the health food store. I have a cat on my lap, so I can't go get the name brand for you right now, but it's 100% wild salmon oil, no additives or other ingredients. They are gel caps that I puncture with a pin. I add it to a homemade food that I give my IBD girl. It's good for their coat and has those wonderful omegas that help with inflammation and arthritic joint pain too. If they like the flavor and smell of fish, it sometimes gets them eating because it's so stinky. Some other things you can try are giving him smaller portions off food at a time, warming it to bring out the aroma, use a plate instead of a bowl, or visa versa, sometimes they'll lap when they won't chew, so maybe a little bit of warmed milk, or yogurt; sour cream; meat baby food; even just the water from a can of tuna. Anything to jump start their eating. I've followed a reluctant eater around on my hands and knees shoving the plate of food under their nose and begging them to eat. Sometimes putting a little bit of food directly and gently in their mouths will get them started. Hang in there,
Nina

C & J wrote:
Where do you buy salmon oil, is it a health food store type of thing, or something you can buy at the grocery store?

Tomi is eating some food, but his appetite isn't as good as it should be. He comes looking for food when we feed all the cats, but sometimes only sniffs it and doesn't eat. The salmon oil might make it more appetizing to him.

I can see already how much of a rollercoaster this is. I dread feeding time because i'm either excited when he eats or scared when he turns his nose up at it. It's too bad they can't talk to us and tell us how they're feeling, so we don't have to guess every day.