I'll say it again, Patti----you are such an inspiration to me!
hugs, Kerry
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 4:08 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: any other catfood suggestions

In a message dated 3/15/07 9:01:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

        (and there are quite a few people who are very poor and yet
share a tremendous amount with their pets)

That would definitely be me, especially since my MVA. ( I was on SSDI
PRIOR to MVA, NO insurance, & now faced w/ over $200,000 + [ever
growing] medical expenses.......
Having said that, my furbabies still come first!!!!
And, since coming home I've been faced with - 1) Cornelius's passing -
very suddenly & unexpected   2) Puma's illness[es] - diagnosed with both
toxo &[dry] FIP!!!!  3) Black Bart, a feral who NEVER trusted me. [And
it was Charity, another feral, who led me to him!!!! ] And, finally he
put his trust in me....Just sadly too late.  And dear Charity, is no
longer an outside feral. In fact, w/ me she's a love muffin!  Downside,
I am the only human she "trusts".... In my home, in a large crate 'til I
get her to vet....Thank heavens I had her spayed when I trapped her, but
her constant, close contact w/ Bart does have me concerned.  Just
another vet bill - which ALWAYS gets paid!] Needless to say, it was too
late for poor old Bart.....[severely anemic, old, thin but VERY bloated,
lots of fluid, probably the most "classic" case of [wet] FIP I've ever
seen], and doing rescue almost my entire life, I have seen too much. And
still "intact"..... And 4) - my precious fish, won't even get into that
- but I did lose my Fred.......
However, I always made a point to get these babies to vet [$$$].  Even
w/ "Rescue Rates" it has been awfully expensive, be it exams, [including
BW & ongoing meds/treatments - Puma] or euthanasia (Bart) & cremation
-[Cornelius and Bart] - no room in freezer, poor Fred's STILL there!
And, yes, I do feed them expensive dry food......(Always did, always
will......)
That being said, I will confess, I DO feed Friskies wet.  And my dear,
ancient Puma does get his Fancy Feast whenever he desires.  Which is at
least 4+ X a day........ He's ancient & I feel he deserves whatever he
wants......
And, not to get completely OT, but I cook for my (4) dogs!!!!!  Yes,
they DO get dry, but living w/ a dog w/ food allergies is certainly a
challenge, to put it "mildly". Only upside is it's ok. [I'm a vegan &
have a veg dog!!! Probably not too many people can attest to that!]
Natural Balance & Only Natural Pet have some GREAT food.  Dog & Cat.
Sorry I went OT & rambled, but being "housebound", I don't get out
much......
Hugs to all,
Patti & her gang
 <http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gstres/anmls/cat>

  _____

from AOL at AOL.com <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000339> .

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was
neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP to
be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax
penalties that may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or refers
to any such tax advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or
other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then (i) the
advice was written to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other
than Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP) of that transaction or matter, and (ii) such
taxpayers should seek advice based on the taxpayers' particular circumstances
from an independent tax advisor.