Hey.  I've been trying to get Slinky to take his C and Lysine as well.  I was
mixing the powders with a little water and some dried chicken powder (I used to
have somme Halo Dinner Party Chicken and Herbs food enhancer) and syringe
feeding it.  That went down fairly well...he LOVES that chicken taste.

  Tonight I mixed it in with a little chicken baby food, adding some water to
thin it out, and syringe feeding that.  He took that really well.

  Just some ideas...that's what I've done.  I'd love to know if anyone has
suggestions for ways to kill the taste though.  Thanks!

  MJ
C & J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          The vet gave me some liquid Vitamin C to give Tomi, but it's horrible
tasting stuff (I tried it).  Very acidic/sour and chemical tasting.  He
absolutely hates it, and even gags afterwards, though he hasn't actually
vomited anything up yet.

  I tried buying Vitamin C powder to see if he would eat it in baby food, but
he knows its there and won't touch the food (he will eat the food with Lysine
in it).

  Is there anything I could mix the powder with to reduce the acidic/sour taste
that I could still administer with a syringe?

  Thanks,
  Cassandra

Looking for earth-friendly autos?