 -----Original Message-----
*From:* [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On Behalf Of *Marissa Johnson
*Sent:* Monday, March 19, 2007 9:46 PM
*To:* felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
*Subject:* Re: Latest Slinky Update

Thanks Wendy!!

I did ask the doctor about Epogen...she said if he was regenerating some,
we could look at Epogen to increase it.  I moved our appointment to Wed.
night so I'm sure we'll talk about it then.  I'll talk to her about the IR
then too.

He actually seems a bit better today.  His temp was 104.1 this morning and
we gave him a bout 250cc's of fluid (he kept moving and getting the needle
out!), but he was looking a little pinker.  He's been quiet all day, but his
temp was down to 103.8 tonight so that's good!!  He's still eating, and
he's even a LITTLE playful...not running around, but will bat and chew a
feather or string.  He wouldn't do that at the beginning of this ordeal so
I'm taking that as a good sign.

Thanks again for all your prayers!  I'm going to try to go to work
tomorrow (I've stayed home for 3 days but don't have any vacation time left
right now!).  My friend will still be here, so she'll keep an eye on him for
me and I'm only a 10 minute walk away if he goes downhill.  But keep me in
your prayers...that I'll be able to function without worrying too much.  And
keep sending him those healing thoughts!!

You guys are awesome!  Thanks!

MJ

p.s.  Slinky has his own myspace page now.  If you're interested, it's
www.myspace.com/slinkecat  Even has a slideshow of pics.

*wendy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:

Marissa,

I can't remember what dose I gave Cricket of the IR,
but I did order it from Revival Animal Health and it
cost me about $50 with shipping. It came pretty fast,
but I might have paid extra to have it emergency
shipped. I think it's listed as EqStim; that's the
generic version. You probably don't need more than
the 5 mL to start off with. I think the dosage for IR
is .25 to .5 mL per 8 lb. cat, but don't quote me on
that. I really hope that Slinky's fever goes down
soon! I know it's worrying you, but I have heard
several people say that a fever is not necessarily a
bad thing always; it's the body's way of fighting off
things. Maybe it's a good fever. Fingers and paws
crossed here in Dallas.

:)
Wendy

--- Marissa Johnson
wrote:

> Hi again everyone. Thanks so much for your support
> and ideas.
>
> After Slinky's fever spiked to 104 last night, we
> gave him some sub-q fluids and it went down to 103.
> :-| Not great, but better.
>
> He did eat during the night and seemed to do
> okay...but his fever is back up to 104 now. We
> tried to give him more fluids, but he won't keep the
> needle in. He got about 250 cc's in him but that's
> it. We're gonna try more later with a smaller
> needle, but...ugh. I HATE having to poke him and
> take his temp and stuff all the time...he's getting
> really sick of it! Poor baby.
>
> He feels very hot and is pretty lethargic. He's
> still eating though.
>
> The doctor called to check in a bit ago
> (!!!!!!!)...i don't know if that's normal but it
> certainly hasn't been normal for me!!! She said
> she's glad to hear he's eating. She thinks I'm
> doing all I can and that eating and being alert
> might be a good day for him. :( Seems possible
> that the fever is his body adjusting to the
> transfusion, but with the FeLV it's hard to know.
>
> I asked her about IR and Interferon and she said
> she's never used it but saw it used with dogs in vet
> school. She said she'd ask around today and see if
> anyone had had positive results using it with cats
> with FeLV. I saw someone's post about getting it
> online w/o a scrip (can't remember who posted
> it...sorry). It's not cheap! But I may be able to
> swing a little. It's $35 for 5mL, $150 for 50mL.
> But I have NO idea what the dose would even be.
> Anyone know? I have a vet tech here all week so we
> could give it here for now...but what would the dose
> be??
>
> Any ideas or suggestions would be great.
> Thanks!!!
>
> MJ
>

> ---------------------------------
> Never miss an email again!
> Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail
> arrives. Check it out.

Get your own web address.

 ------------------------------
We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to
love<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49980/*http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265>
(and love to hate): Yahoo! TV's Guilty Pleasures
list.<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49980/*http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265>

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was
neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP
to be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding
tax penalties that may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses
or refers to any such tax advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a
partnership or other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer,
then (i) the advice was written to support the promotion or marketing (by a
person other than Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP) of that transaction or
matter, and (ii) such taxpayers should seek advice based on the taxpayers'
particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have
received this email in error please notify the system manager. If you are
not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this
e-mail.

--
Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
Maybe That'll Make The Difference....