Now that I have read more of the topics... Whitey did this his first week
here... when I had him quarantined in the bathroom. As soon as he was able
to come into our room at night, he was happy. Of course, since then, we've
discovered he's a toe attacker, so he's now been booted out at night... it
hurts to wake up with bloody toes in the middle of the night! I think the
nighttime howling is a fairly common thing for cats that are totally in a
new place, it is their way of comforting themselves, I suppose. I realize
that sleep is essential, but I'm still of the opinion that it's not nice to
want to surrender the cat just because of the lack of sleep. God forbid this
person ever became a parent of a HUMAN baby, LOL! She'd kill herself, LOL!

Phaewryn

http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Special Needs Cat Resources