I want to know this too..I have the prescription veterinary recovery formula
or whatever you call it...the one that is like a/d.

On 3/25/07, catatonya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Can someone tell me more about the royal canin recall?  I use the S/O for
all my cats........

*Lora <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>* wrote:

Oops! I stand corrected. Purina does do LIMITED
business with Menufoods.

Purina voluntarily withdraw Mighty Dog(r) 5.3 ounce
pouch products in response to Menu Foods recall.

However, Purina Mills, Inc. manufactures the majority
of Purina's products.

Purina Mills, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of
animal feed products in the United States, producing
more than five million tons of feed each year.

Through its 50 feed mills, the company produces
thousands of feed formulations specially designed for
various types of animals, including beef and dairy
cattle, goats, horses, sheep, pigs, poultry, pets, and
lab and zoo animals.

Purina also operates more than 35 retail outlets,
which sell animal feed, lawn and garden supplies,
hardware, and related items.

This reminds me of the "Simply Orange" juice
commerical. They own the trees, the grove, the
oranges. If you are going to make something you might
as well own it.

Purina not only owns their own products, they make it
too!

I just cannot believe that these high-end products
like Nutro do NOT manufacture their own products! I
expected better quality from them.

It is really sad to find out that a common commerical
food manufactures their own product when these "high
quality" pet food companies do not.

Makes you wonder if spending that extra dollar for
their expensive prices tag is worth it.

And as far as the Wal-Mart "Special Kitty" question, I
found the answer. The recall was for the pouches only.

The fish are biting.

http://www.rescuties.org

http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20

Please help Joey!