If you have his bloodwork values, post them.  If you
don't, ask the vet if they'll fax them over or if you
can come pick up a copy.  We absolutely want to help
you, but need to know those kidney values first.  That
will tell you if he's in renal failure.  If you trust
this doc, then he's probably going off those numbers
for this diagnosis and he's probably right.  But post
them just in case.  Does the vet say what is causing
the renal failure, or is it just straight CRF (Chronic
renal failure).  Has he given your kitty any subQ
fluids?  If he's that bad, I would think he needs
them.  If he's CRF, I would strongly recommend you
join the yahoo CRF group for guidance.  They will know
all the symptoms and be able to help you better.
Also, here's a link to the just diagnosed page of the
feline crf website, a great source of info.:

http://www.felinecrf.org/just_diagnosed.htm

Please keep us posted on Midnight.  Good luck!

:)
Wendy

Get your own web address.