Belinda, if you can get your husband to help, have him ready with a syringe for
water or some tasty liquid. When you put the pill in, syringe some water in.
They have to swallow.

  Beth

Belinda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi All,
I was going to have them put another tube in but I think they
would have to wait 2 or 3 weeks because his infection isn't gone yet and
they said we would have to wait for that to completely heal. But I have
already decided to wait on the tube because it is so obvious that Fred
is a different cat without it. He slept on my pillow for the first time
in 6 weeks, coincidentally about as long as he had his tube. Even Mike,
my hubby noticed the difference, Fred was scratching on the bathroom
door wanting in while hubby was in there this morning, something he did
every morning before he got the tube but not once after.

My greatest concern is getting his meds into him and getting him to eat
enough. Gave him his blood pressure meds this morning and it wasn't
pretty, I can get the pills into him, it's getting him to drink or eat
something after to make sure they go down and don't sit in his throat.
I've made a deal with him that if he learns to cooperate with meds and
eats better in the next 2 or 3 weeks we will put off the feeding tube
indefinitely, so we'll see what happens.

I'm going to ask my vet about injections for his potassium supplement
and find out if his norvasc can be compounded or if it comes in an
injectable, I think I already called the companies that sell it and I
don't think it can be made into an injectable but I really don't
remember. It's been a very trying 6 weeks, Fred's had an infection for
pretty much most of that time.

I'm worried about what the future holds but I'm really going to try and
just take it one day at a time.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...