thanks for the link to the video--i used to feed the california natural long
ago, then they stopped shipping it my corner of the midwest.....

I'm with ya Nina, it's very frustrating. Interesting info though about
Natura (the
makers of Innova and Cal Natural), the owner has a video out explaining
their
connection with Menu Foods, and even has decided to buy or build his own
canned food
plant due to this disaster. So.. when that get built, it will be all made
by Natura,
and not subcontracted out to Menu or any other mass producer.
http://www.naturapetcare.com is the video, the part about building their
own plant is
near the very end (my vet sent this out to me today). I emailed them and
told them
that I would switch back to their foods as soon as I could be assured that
what I
ordered came from their OWN new plant. Until then, I am feeding Merrick
canned. It's
pricey, but the cats love it. Their dry food is made in their own plant,
and if safe
(I'm feeding it to the ferals, and no one has been ill at all so far). My
housecats
are on Felidae dry for now... I bought a bag in the original panic before
I was sure
Natura's promises about their dry food were true. I may or may not switch
them
back... it might not be worth the hassle, Doobie pukes his guts up
everytime we do a
food change, and he's just getting used to the felidae.

And now, on top of the Menu Foods scandal, there's a FDA warning about
Eukanuba
having something not tested safe for cats in it, some kind of SWINE feed
additive in
their "light" and "low cal" dry foods (and their weight management /
diabetes
prescription food as well). So it's all about to be recalled too, if it's
not
already.

Phaewryn

http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html