Lynette,

I am so sorry about your Orange.  Our Julie will be 18
in June; her kidneys aren't working too well either.
I can tell she's different from month to month...more
quiet and inactive as time goes by.  We all do what we
can.  I think it was very selfless of you to let
Orange pass on.  As another member said here so
well...it's the only gift we have left to give them at
that point.  I understand your grief, but you did do
what you thought was right for Orange, which was
completely selfless of you and probably one of the
hardest things you've ever done.

You are right.  Grief is in no way logical.  It just
is.  And we can either live through it or allow it to
control us.  I suspect we all do a bit of both at
times.  I also have been thinking lately about little
Jessica Lunsford from Florida who was raped and
murdered.  I grieve for her and I can't imagine being
her parents, and living with knowing what happened to
her.  For the rest of their lives they will live with
that grief.  I can't imagine it.  Her killer got the
death penalty, but it won't bring her back.  I don't
know what's wrong with me lately, thinking about all
this stuff.  I guess I should be thankful I am not
desensitized to it all, but life can be so painful
sometimes when we're not.

:)
Wendy

> I had to have my beloved Orange PTS at age 18 last
> fall. His kidneys
> gave out entirely and I could not see him suffer any
> longer. The vet
> came to the house for me; I could hold him in his
> favorite place, and
> he gave off such a sense of peace and relief I knew
> I was doing the
> wrong thing.
>
> I cry every time I think about him, and I wonder if
> there was not more
> I could have done (I believe there was and my vet
> was just plain
> stupid). I don't think Orange died as traumatically
> as your Cricket
> and yet I feel the same way.
>
> I think when we really love the grief goes on a long
> time. Grief does
> not exist in logical space so we cannot analyze it
> away. We must just
> live through it, and with it, seemingly forever.
>
> Lynette

world: Indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"

      ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.