On 4/3/07, Marissa Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thanks Wendy.  I first went to this shelter last week Thursday.  I already
had Rufus in mind as well as a cally who had a hind leg amputated after a
car accident.  However, the amputee wanted nothing to do with me...and
apparently with any humans (they tell me he's not doing so well).  I hadn't
seen Patience online (since shes' not listed as special needs), but when I
saw her she just called my name!  And when I picked her up, she climbed
right into my arms and wouldn't let go.  :)  I went back on Sunday afternoon
and played with Rufus for about 30 minutes and held Patience twice (she
can't go in the play rooms right now cuz she's on meds).  I went back again
yesterday during the day and spent a little time with each of them.

It's actually a really nice shelter...the "condos" (they say they're
cageless) are made of some kind of durable plexiglass or something - not
metal and have glass doors.  There's a whole wall of play rooms with cat
trees and toys in each one.  The individual condos are climate controlled
and include adjustable holes so they can give access to the next condo over,
or close off access.  They even have classical music piped in and a large
water fountain in the middle of the room with ledges on either side so the
cats can sit and play with the water.  It's no-kill and they get TONS of
animals from other shelters (Rufus and Patience both came from PA).  They
also have a full vet hospital on-site, provide free spay/neuter to anyone in
the metro area, and provide low-cost vet care to low-income families.  They
even have an animal massage therapist on staff and do therapy with abused
animals and those who've spent too much time in shelters.  If you're
interested, it's www.warl.org.

I'll keep you all updated.  I know I'll end up with the perfect kitties for
me...in fact I'm sure Slinky's already picked them out!  :)

MJ

What a great setup!  One day I am sure we will have the same.

I think my Morgana picked out little Tuffy for me.  Tuffy came all the
way from Ohio thanks to the help of a lot of wonderful people:)

http://www.rescuties.org

http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20

Please help Joey!
http://rescuties.chipin.com/joey-autoimmune-hemolytic-anemia