LOL  My Othello was "Ophelia" until he went to get "spayed"  :0)

elizabeth

On 4/3/07, Melissa Lind <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Ha! Ha! The vet called me with interesting news—Cassidy fooled us all! He
is now neutered. Luckily, I named him after a fictional cowboy, so the name
will stay.

I appreciate all the info on mixed households, but I'm still leery about
trying it. We'll see how the search for a home goes…and then I'll make a
decision when the time comes.

I've found places in Minnesota and Iowa that might be able to take him,
but I haven't contacted the one in Utah yet. The ones in MN and IA are both
sanctuaries for cats, and they are no-kill. The one in Minnesota is the
Feline Leukemia Care Center http://www.felineleukemiacarecenter.org which
only takes FeLV cats, but I haven't heard back from them. The one in Iowa
can be viewed at www.rustichollowshelter.org. but they have a waiting
list. I'll just have to wait and see.

I apologize for not responding to the other posts at this time—I'm swamped
with following leads for Cassidy, but I want to keep active on this mail
list even if I don't have a FeLV baby in the future. My poor students…but
right now I care about cats more than them!

Wendy, I should have known that I'd find other English people on here! I
think all my English professors in undergrad had cats—some with an entire
household of them. I'll write down what you're reading, and look into it
later—I'll add it to my must-read list. Why is it that English-minded people
(or literature enthusiasts) are so compassionate with animals? Maybe it's
because our studies (and our paychecks) have taught us that not everything
valuable and honorable involves a price tag.

Linda Hogan has a great book called *Intimate Nature: The Bond Between
Women and Animals*. Perhaps many of you would find it comforting.

Well, back to work for Cassidy the Cowboy Kitty! I'll let you all know how
it goes…

Melissa, Osmond, NE

"To give a thing a name, a label, a handle; to rescue it from anonymity,
to pluck it out of the Place of Nothingness, in short to identify it--well,
that's a way of bringing the said thing into being." --Iff, the Water Genie