It leaves such a hole in your heart.  They love you
unconditionally...nothing can fill that void but a lot of love and a lot of
time.

elizabeth

On 4/3/07, wendy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey guys,

Why is it that even a year and a half after Cricket's
passing, I can burst into tears after having
flashbacks of the night he died?  To a logical person
(being me), it sounds ridiculous and overdramatic.
But the fact remains that when I allow myself to
remember what happened with Cricket the night he died,
and how horrible it was, it sends me straight into
meltdown.  I am at work for heaven's sake.  Usually,
when I think about Cricket, I don't think about that
one day in his life.  But it seems so unfair that he
couldn't have a more peaceful death.  I will never
forget his suffering, even knowing that he is now at
rest.  Why do some people's/animal's last days of
their lives have to be filled with pain and suffering?
I just don't understand it.  I think maybe all the
recent losses, and sadly there have been many, might
be bringing my memories back, but maybe that's a good
thing?  Maybe we never really fully stop grieving, but
every little meltdown we have allows us to heal a
little more.

Thanks for letting me ramble about my lack of
understanding of the meaning of life.
:)
Wendy

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can
change the world: Indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"

~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Get your own web address.