You had previously TRUSTED normal window screens?! No, they are totally NOT
cat-safe. What I have done is use chicken wire to cover my windows. If
you're not too high class or part of a fancy community, you can use a staple
gun (the large, construction type, not a office stapler - or use U nails or
U tacks with a hammer) and just tack it right onto the frames (inside is
better than outside, as the cat is pushing against the frame that way, not
just against the wire and staples). You can trim it to size with wire nips,
but be sure to cut it close, so there's not little sharp wire points to get
hurt on. OR, if you have any carpentry skills, you can build your own
chicken wire frames, just sandwich a sheet of wire between to wood frames,
and screw them together. I hang these by attaching them at the top of the
window frame (inside the house) with 3 hinges, so they can be swung up to
open and close the window, then I set two screws into the side of the window
frame on either side, and loop fabric hair ties (you know, hair rubber
bands) through the wire on either side of the wire screen, and then loop
those over the side screws to make it so the cats can't swing the frame open
themselves. I have a picture that kinda shows part of it, if you want to see
what type of wire I mean, email me directly and I'll attach it in a reply
(images wont come through on this list). [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Phaewryn

http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Special Needs Cat Resources