When I moved in to care for my mother a bit ago she said, oh, my Lord! We can't tell people we have so many cats! (We had seven together.) So I said, when people ask, you tell them that you have four and when they ask me I'll tell them that I have three. And nobody will remember anyway! (Besides, everyone we know is a giant animal lover!)
Taylor Scobie Humphrey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Apr 16, 2007, at 6:13 AM, Marylyn wrote:

That is exactly what the City of Louisville (KY) did. They just passed a law limiting the number of outside dogs to 3 unless you have over a 1/2 acre yard (rare). I really don't know what people are going to do because there was no clause to grandfather larger dog families in.

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. St. Francis
----- Original Message -----
From: Gina WN
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 4:08 AM
Subject: Re: OT: To shelter owners/volunteers-your opinion needed on sitevisit for Maltese shelter

We have a four cat limit in our county. :(

Gina

Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Well, I think pet limit laws are archaic and silly and should be abolished.

But that's beside the point.

What if the city code were 6 dogs and 5 cats and tomorrow they changed
it to 3 dogs and 2 cats? I mean, you can't predict the future. What
if they move somewhere where the code is only 4 dogs?

How many of us have had animals

1. in excess of city codes
2. in excess of what was allowed by our landlord
3. in secret from our landlord
4...well, I think you get the point.

Fortunately we don't have animal limit laws here, though the shelter
limits me to 10 (personal and foster) animals at a time.

They only count litters as 1, though. So all my litters, including
the ones that are almost 2 years old, I count as 1. That's how I get
around it. Heh.

On 4/12/07, wendy wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I went on my first site visit tonight with my friend
> who lives here in San Antonio. The only real concern
> she and I both had were that the family already has 5
> dogs and 5 cats. They live in a regular subdivision
> home in San Antonio (regular size plot-nothing too
> large, although the backyard is nicely sized). The
> municipal code says that no more than 5 dogs and 3
> cats be in one home at a time. So our question,
> especially to shelter owners/volunteers, is this: if
> you know adopting a dog out, even if it's to a good
> family, will put that family in violation of city
> codes, would you do it? My friend is not the one
> making the decision; she's just reporting the
> information to the shelter. We were just curious as
> to what your thoughts are on this.
>
> :)
> Wendy
>
> "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world: Indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"
> ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

> TV dinner still cooling?
> http://tv.yahoo.com/

http://www.rescuties.org