Haha.  Thanks for clarifying that stuff, Patti!  I'm missing 2 inches of my
brain, so I figure I'm entited to a little memory loss now and then.  :)

  Yes, it is crucial that you get kitty to eat, even if it means
syringe-feeding.  Many people feel that when they stop eating on their own it
means it's their time to go.  However, if you feel this is just a temporary
feeling and getting him over this hump will buy him more time as a happy
healthy kitty, then I would probably go ahead and syringe him.  You have to
make the decisions you think are best for your baby.  But I would consult a vet
as soon as you can and then work on getting him to eat.

  You would never want to give them tuna or friskies/fancyfeast, etc. on a
regular basis, but at this point the goal is to get him to eat ANYTHING.  As
Patty said, when they're seniors and picky, give them what they want.  But for
a younger cat, on a regular basis you'll want them on quality food.  But when
they're refusing to eat, just get them to eat whatever they will.

  Hope that's not too rambling!  Good luck...keep us posted!!

  Marissa

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
        In a message dated 4/24/07 10:17:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL