  From: Nina
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2007 3:17 PM
  Subject: Re: mediastinal LSA --anyone have succes with treatment??

  Tracy,
  Are you aware that Michelle Lerner has unsubscribed from the list?  She's
had, unfortunately, a great deal of experience with cancers and was always a
great resource for advice regarding it.  I'm sure she'd be willing to help
you and your kitty if you wrote to her off list.

  One thing I have heard is that felv kitties do respond to cancer
treatments like chemo.  Apparently they go into remission at the same rate
as neg cats, but they usually don't remain in remission for as long.  There
is an internet group specific to feline cancer, do you have the address?
It's been posted on our list many times, maybe someone else will post it for
you.  If you can't find it, let me know and I'll look for it.

  I'm glad to hear you have an appointment with an oncologist tomorrow.  Do
a search on our archives on dex, (dexamethasone) and depo (depomedrol)
steroid shots to ask the vets about as well.  Please keep us informed.
Prayers that you get some ideas on how to treat him and that he makes a
miraculous recovery.
  Nina

  Tracy Weese wrote:
    One of my FeLV+ cats most likely has mediastinal LSA.  I had positive
kittens diagnosed with this and not live very long but that was a few years
ago despite some conservative treatment (mainly aspiration/comfort
measures).  I am currently treating a NEGATIVE cat for intestinal cancer and
he has done very well.  I have also read that the mediastinal LSA often
responds positively to chemo....but most of those studies are on NEGATIVE
cats.

    I'm sure that (sadly) at least someone else here has had a cat with this
condition.  The cat was otherwise health and w/o symptoms up until last
Thursday.  It initially appeared as URI like w/coughing/congestion sounds.
But after no improvement with meds over the weekend, he was checked again,
nothing in lungs but "mystery" spot on X-rays.  We have consult with cancer
vet and ultra sound tomorrow.

    Any input welcome.

    Tracy Weese
    Attorney at Law
    POB 3254
    Shepherdstown, WV 25443
    (304) 264-0595

    Please be advised that this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential attorney-client communication or may otherwise be privileged or
confidential and are intended solely for the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed.
    If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy or
retransmit this communication but destroy it immediately.
    Recipients are prohibited from forwarding this message to persons not
identified by the sender.
    Unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited.
    If you have any questions, please call 304-264-0595.