The problem with making crunchy dry kibble homemade is that the things that
make food get crunchy in the oven (Grains, Flours, Meals) are not the best
food for cats. If I were to try it myself, I would make a cooked ground beef
based cat food (brown the ground beef, drain thoroughly, and press out
excess moisture between two thick towels - THEN add the rest of the food
ingredients after the beef is already nice and dry), dehydrate it for 12
hours (think jerky - get out the ronco food dehydrator, LOL)), and then
spread it out on a big cookie sheet, and bake it until it was browning on
top, take it out of the oven, spread it over a thick absorbent towel, and
toss it until cool. I know ground beef does dehydrate and become crunchy
with time, as I use it a lot, and find pieces and chunks in the weekly
cleanup that can ONLY be described as "crunchy".

Phaewryn

http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
Special Needs Cat Resources

http://www.iGive.com/html/refer.cfm?causeid=21303
Sign up for iGive and a percentage of your purchases helps save animals!